Akwaaba Welcome Croeso 你好 Ciao Welkom приветствовать Bienvenida

This Blog is about lots of things including Art, Poetry, and Pens. The Main Blogging page is the Home page and the Tabs are other almost separate stand alone pages. Select a Tab (Home, Pens, etc) and scroll down to find the text. Trust me, it is there. Return to the Home page by clicking 'Home'. Enjoy the read...

Lots of stuff including Art

Lots of stuff including Art
Newport lad from Crindau, and Ceredigion resident for 27 years: former firefighter Roger Bennett

27 August 2008

Peanut Butter Goat Soup

My host, or should I say his girlfriend is a wonderful cook and I enjoyed a traditional African dish this evening of peanut butter soup and rice. The rice being cooked to perfection and the peanut butter soup initially reminding me in a slight manner to the taste of a Chinese curry. But only initially as the soup was by far tastier and hotter than the takeaway curry back home. The dish is served with a spoon and not a knife and fork. No, there are no Peanut Butter jars involved. There is one type of jar that can be used in the UK but apparently the taste is not as good and you must never use a jar that contains sugar. This is a traditional recipe and while eating the meat I noticed that I had never seen bones like the ones that I removed from my dish. I asked about the meat and you can guess by the heading that some poor army somewhere is without its regimental mascot. But Peanut Butter Goat Soup and Rice all washed down with a very large bottle of beer is a meal fit for a king.
Custom Search