Akwaaba Welcome Croeso 你好 Ciao Welkom приветствовать Bienvenida

This Blog is about lots of things including Art, Poetry, and Pens. The Main Blogging page is the Home page and the Tabs are other almost separate stand alone pages. Select a Tab (Home, Pens, etc) and scroll down to find the text. Trust me, it is there. Return to the Home page by clicking 'Home'. Enjoy the read...

Lots of stuff including Art

Lots of stuff including Art
Newport lad from Crindau, and Ceredigion resident for 27 years: former firefighter Roger Bennett

26 August 2008

"I read a whole book today"

I am sat on a bed [in another room where there is internet access] using an Apple Mac. I am staying with Michael's friend Jeff who is a school teacher. His English is excellent, and so are his values. Jeff has explained where the Exchange Bureau is and I am off to change £20 in the morning, and then travelling by African Bus into Accra Central. It is called Accra central as Accra has a population in excess of 2m and it is split into several parts. I have visited Pantang and Jeff is writing down the name of his community and his address, plus giving me his cell number so I can get back ok. He has also explained that the tipping should be 50 [their currency goes from 1 to 100 like our pennies and then known as 1, 2, and so on like our pounds] and a beggar should be given 20 (pennies). I know that I must drink bottled water and eat inside a restaurant... Jeff and his girlfriend are taking me to the Wedding on Saturday. I read a whole book today, something that I last did in one day when I had chicken pox and I read the Godfather throughout the night.
Custom Search