Akwaaba Welcome Croeso 你好 Ciao Welkom приветствовать Bienvenida

This Blog is about lots of things including Art, Poetry, and Pens. The Main Blogging page is the Home page and the Tabs are other almost separate stand alone pages. Select a Tab (Home, Pens, etc) and scroll down to find the text. Trust me, it is there. Return to the Home page by clicking 'Home'. Enjoy the read...

Lots of stuff including Art

Lots of stuff including Art
Newport lad from Crindau, and Ceredigion resident for 27 years: former firefighter Roger Bennett

28 August 2008

Beep, beep, beep, beep

The last time I woke up at 5 am it was to get dressed and respond to an emergency call after my pager went off. Tomorrow's 0500 alarm [I have set two already] is to go shopping. Tamara’s Mum has offered to collect me at 5 a.m. and to take me shopping in Accra as she is driving in and likes to do her shopping early. My wife Pauline also likes to do her shopping early, but 5 a.m. – You can’t be serious. Mrs Gyapong is serious and I don’t mess with a serious lady. So my alarms are set and if I am lucky then I might get to see the beach or maybe one of the sites such as the National Theatre, New Parliament Building or my preferred option of a row of African huts being erected some two miles down the road. Anyway, it’s almost midnight here and I must get at least five hours sleep. But before I go, you may be asking yourself while all this blogging and not being out there living the experience further? Well, there are no street lights where I am staying [as in most of Africa], Mosquito’s come out after dark [not like WallJecko he is around all the time] and the heat is intense. So, settling down under a ceiling fan with one or two large beers, reliving the memories before they fade seemed like a good way to spend my vacation. Plus of course, those of you who haven’t been to Africa get to know a little bit more about this tiny part of a huge Continent. So, good night bloggers and remember “Ma we ni ngye” – Be Happy
Custom Search