Akwaaba Welcome Croeso 你好 Ciao Welkom приветствовать Bienvenida

This Blog is about lots of things including Art, Poetry, and Pens. The Main Blogging page is the Home page and the Tabs are other almost separate stand alone pages. Select a Tab (Home, Pens, etc) and scroll down to find the text. Trust me, it is there. Return to the Home page by clicking 'Home'. Enjoy the read...

Lots of stuff including Art

Lots of stuff including Art
Newport lad from Crindau, and Ceredigion resident for 27 years: former firefighter Roger Bennett

28 August 2008

Finger Food

What a meal, my hosts just cooked me a milled corn that is the size of a large bun and is called something that sounds not too dissimilar to ‘Kinky’. I think it is Kenke. Tamara is a great cook and the corn was accompanied by a fish and a separate [but on the same plate] hot tomato based sauce. I hesitated and looked around for the cutlery and the realisation dawned on me that this was to be eaten using my fingers. You must only use your right hand, and the idea is to break off a bit of the corn and spread it to scoop/soak the tomato sauce. A truly wonderful experience; in taste, and texture, use of my fingers. Sounds easy, but it’s quite difficult using just one hand when you are a finger virgin. Oh, and yes. It was washed down by another one of those exceedingly large beers!
Custom Search