Akwaaba Welcome Croeso 你好 Ciao Welkom приветствовать Bienvenida

This Blog is about lots of things including Art, Poetry, and Pens. The Main Blogging page is the Home page and the Tabs are other almost separate stand alone pages. Select a Tab (Home, Pens, etc) and scroll down to find the text. Trust me, it is there. Return to the Home page by clicking 'Home'. Enjoy the read...

Lots of stuff including Art

Lots of stuff including Art
Newport lad from Crindau, and Ceredigion resident for 27 years: former firefighter Roger Bennett

6 September 2008

The Orangery

I am sat in one of my favourite haunts in Aberystwyth; The Orangery. I liken it more to a Gentleman's Club than a Coffee Shop / Cocktail Bar. Especially when the Couch, a small room on the left as you entered the premises used to be open. The leather seating in some parts of the building are extremely comfortable and they make a good latte. The bonus being that the staff are always friendly. They must have some Ghanaian blood inside them. Today I enjoyed yet another coffee and a Florentine Pizza made with a Free Range Egg in the Centre, lot's of Cheese and Spinach. Maybe not the healthiest of meals but one of the largest that I have eat in the last week. The rain is falling well on the West Coast of Wales, and I had set off from home with the intention of reading plenty of Norbert Elias from a new book that I have started since returning home. Unfortunately for Elias, the rain caused a distraction. My thoughts drifted back to the warmth of Africa and the warm of the friendships that I had begun while there. Writing some holiday advice and thinking of friends simply seemed like a more rewarding pastime on this weekend day off. Well, I say day off when I mean 'not in the office', as the nature of my business means that I am more often than not working 'on call'.
Custom Search